Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Back in Roch

Jen, Tegan, and I headed back to Roch this past weekend to visit my parents. My brother and sister, Ben and Becca, came in from Milwaukee and Madtown for the weekend as well, so 4 out of 5 kids were home. Sweet....

After eating a ton on Friday night, Ben and I met Charly and Chris at Rochester Cycling and Fitness (aka "the shop") on Saturday morning. I had done a couple hard threshold workouts earlier in the week, so I was looking for some endurance riding. Somewhere between Rochester and nowhere, we found some sweet gravel roads. Charly did a good recap with pictures here: http://www.charlytri.blogspot.com/ . The motorpacing behind a huge John Deere was far to awesome.
After a brief refueling back at my parents, Ben and I headed back to the shop to talk bikes.... before the end of the day, Chris had ordered a CX bike (Trek XO2 ), and I ordered a road bike (Madone 5.5 with Ksyrium ES wheels)... Chris also had a bunch of other goodies like helmets, tires, trainers, etc. The shop is far to nice to us, and the longer I stay in there, the emptier my bank account gets.

2 comments:

Eric O. said...

102 miles today! No problem :)

MBCSugar said...

Brendan,
Is VeloRochester registering for the MNSCS "Team" category this year? If so, would you like to send them our member list? Count me in for '07; however, I won't be at ALL the events...