Saturday, April 20, 2013

Last chance...

I have tried to be patient with the weather, but I am starting to lose it.  My pedaling has not diminished, but it is full of anger, which is good for fitness but bad for morale.  My kids are going nuts bouncing off the same wall they have been for 5 months.

People often say "oh well, there is nothing you can do about the cold horrible weather."  That is false, as we can move.  If next spring is even close to this horrible, Jen and I will be looking to leave this state.  We are both marketable enough to move pretty much anywhere.  So Cal, NC, SC, and So CO will be on our short list.  I hope it doesn't come to this, but I don't like cold and can't take 5 months of suck.
Then you hear "the grass isn't always greener".  That too is false.  Based on the physics of light, our area cannot be less green with 5" of white snow on it.

Record lows this morning, more snow tonite, and more snow tomorrow night into Monday...it has to end sometime right?  And how about 2 dry days in a row, or normal temperatures, or heck, even temperatures within 5 degrees of normal.
Throw us a bone mother nature.

The equipment this year is more exciting than ever, but even that isn't cheering me up because I can't use it.  I will share more when I can actually ride the stuff.

Rant over.  Back to the pain cave.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need to take a trip back to Moab/Fruita. My advice: DON'T move north :)

skj