Superfly Pro SL Hardtail and 100 (Dually)
- I stripped the XX drivetrains off and am running my much preferred Shimano XTR groups as 1x10 with a WTC chainrings.
- I also put on XTR brakes. Anyone that has ridden XTR brakes probably agrees that they are the best performing disc brakes ever (I have ridden LOTS different kinds).
- I will be running a mix of ENVE 29 XC wheels and the stock Bontrager RXL wheels. Both are set up w/ DT Swiss 240 hubs and Areolite spokes, and going solely to DT Swiss stuff was a conscious effort after hub issues in past years.
- I switched the carbon stems out for the stiff but lite Bontrager Rhythm Pro Stems
- Tires this year will be the full XR range (0,1,2,mud) from Bontrager.
- The rest of the bike including cockpit and suspension are stock.
- The weights came in VERY impressive at 18.5lbs for the HT and 20.75lbs for the dually (with XR0 tires and ENVE wheels)
I did do a race last weekend. It was cold, my legs felt tight the whole time, but it was a good kick in the pants to start the season with 50 miles of tight, twisty singletrack at or near XC race pace. I did feel strong pretty much the entire 4 hours other than my legs being cold. My trophy for winning was a signed copy of a picture of me (signed by me ...not sure if it was authentic) . Thanks to the race directors for that ;)