Friday, July 21, 2006


Holy Cow, what an amazing Tour it has been this year. Ask my wife, every night I have been on the edge of my seat yelling at the TV, staring in disbelief, and pacing around the room=) One day, the hopes of Floyd winning are completely dashed. The next day, he pulls off the most amazing stage win I have ever seen (even Phil Liggett said it is most amazing stage win he has seen in his 34 years of covering the race). The TT on Saturday will the tail! Don't even try to call me between the hours of 6:30 and 10:30.

As far as my racing goes, this week is a total R&R/recharge the batteries week for me. After 21 races this season, I am ready for a little non-racing time. I don't have any races planned for the next 3 weekends, and next week I will get the training going again. Despite it being a rest week, I couldn't miss the last Buck Hill race of the year. There isn't much to say besides that Chris and Jeff popped me on the second lap. Luke strolled around me post pop and I finished 4th. I wasn't expecting much given that I have been just taking it easy - both physically and mentally- since Red Wing, and I was there just to have a good fun ride=)
At this point in the season, I am pleased with how things have gone, and my main goal, which is doing well in the MNSCS, is on target. You can find the current series standings here:

I won't be posting too much in the next three weeks, but if we do anything exciting or are planning anything cool, I will be sure to post.


Paul O. said...

I watched Floyd lay down the law under pressure on Saturday morning, and then I went out to try to ride something approaching what we rode in Frisco - a "super-Heil-Hall". Basically, it's about 30 miles on the road and probably 20+ miles on two different trails. It was so hot the c-back was almost dry about half way through. It took about 4.5 hours. Unfortunately, I was so cached at Hall that I wasn't really able to enjoy it. On the way to Amy's afterwards, I almost had to make an emergency narf stop on the side of I-25. Her parents were visiting, and I showed up with a coral reef of salt on my face and smelled so bad my cham and jersey were instantly banished from her property. Luckily, I recovered in time to have a homebrew with her dad and eat some NY strip...

Brendan said...

That is epic! I don't blame her from banishing a chamios that has 4.5 hours sweated into it. Hopefully there was no risk of hypothermia this time. A narf alarm is sure sign that the tank was empty when you stopped.