Sunday, October 22, 2006

Is it winter already?

The report from Ben at collegiate nationals:
It was a short and sweet report, but Ben said the air was thin (base of Anglefire is 8600 feet). Hmm, I wonder which colleges did well.... Ben was around 30th in both the STXC and XC with the field size around 80. Given his severe crash one weekend ago (a car ran over his fuel and smashed the frame, luckily he fell off to the side of the road and was only bruised and battered) and the altitude and having to setup a different bike, I would say it was a successful weekend and a great learning experience.

My week...relaxing=)
With recent highs around 40 degrees and a rainy first half of the week, it seems that we skipped right over the nice 60 degree fall weather. However, with my fall riding done almost exclusively on the trail, I am usually quite comfortable in some Under Armour thermal gear and a long sleeve jersey with tights. This week, I managed work on my off road skills at all of the good nearby singletrack...Lebanon, Mammoth, and the River Bottoms... girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.
Saturday night was the MNSCS Awards banquet, and it was fun to hang out with all the racers again. As state champion, I received a t-shirt that says "series champion." =)

The highlight of the night for me was the vending machine at QBP....Seagate needs one of these for those days when we have marathon length meetings....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO, BIG DADDY CHAMP!!!!
WE ARE VERY HAPPY FOR YOUR WIN,
AND PROUD OF YOU, TOO. :) YOU'VE DEFINITELY GOT THE RIGHT SKILLS.
b & j