Thursday, May 10, 2007

Buck is Back

The Buck Hill series kicked off tonite and I think it gave everyone there including myself a good kick in the pants. I haven't been feeling well since the cold, wet, muddy race last Saturday so I wasn't expecting much.
The race started 15 minutes late, so we had a nice long time at the starting line to let the legs cool down...seriously though, it was fun to chat with everyone again (especially the dude that was riding what he claimed to be a 17 lb hardtail). From the gun, Fisher, Sam O, Paul and I took off. I though the pace was reasonable especially on the climbs. I didn't want to try any early attacks because, again, the legs just haven't been there this week.
On the second lap on the back side climb, I gave it a punch. Paul held on for about a minute according to him and from there I rode solo. They added some single track to the course which is much to my liking and I think it will help my race performance there this year. I was able to ride it home with almost a 1.5 minute gap...much more than I expected.
Chris ended up second and Jen Meyer won the womens, so that left Velo Rochester/WOW with a 1st and 2nd in the mens and 1st in the womens. Sweet!
After the race Tegan and I got to hang out and try a few of the kid bikes. He wants something carbon fiber but I was trying to convince him that wood would be a good way to start. You can tell by the look on his face that he wasn't to sure about that.

Maplelag is this weekend...hopefully it doesn't rain (it has every time I have raced there).

No comments: