Sunday, May 10, 2009

Here Mr Gopher...

Busy weekend:
Saturday we all headed up to Elk River with 2 bikes (one for Tegan and one for daddy) and a dump truck (race time entertainment). The race was a low key even that many of us used for an early season tune up. Off the gun I didn't go for the hole shot because there was a new "prologue" lap and I had no idea where I was going. Near the end of the prologue I did take the lead and built a sizable gap 45 second gap over the next 1/2 lap. Then my front tire started to loose air. I don't know why and never found a leak, but that is racing. Anyway, I rode the tire until i was having to crawl around corners at which point I stopped and aired it up. SamO went by me as I was hitting it with air. I remounted and was able to chase him down in about 5 minutes. We rode it out together, as there is no where to pass at Elk River and sprinted the short 100 foot straight at the finish. It was too close to call without a photo, so we called it a tie=) See picture 179 here: http://www.skinnyski.com/tools/photoviewer.asp?Id=15945. In the end, I felt fine...not great, not horrible. The legs will get that snap back once the warm weather returns.
Sunday, mothers day, we started with the normal Church, eat out, and get home for Tegans nap. In the afternoon, I mowed the lawn, Jen did some gardening, we washed cars, I finished building my new race bike (yes another Fuel 9.9=), and I got to have a little fun Caddyshack style. We have some ground rodents that need to relocate or face my wrath...


6 comments:

Jenn said...

You forgot to mention the Jenn Moore Mother's Day 5k that I ran - who cares if I was the only participant and there was no free t-shirt. At least I won ;)

Eric O. said...

We had a cop come to our door a couple years ago because someone thought ours were bear traps and we were trying to keep people off our lawn. "Hello McFly. Think McFly, think"

Paul H said...

You need
http://www.rodenator.com/
Click on "Action Videos" then watch that one with the metal music...

Thinking of renting one as we have the same problem :-) Maybe I'll let my fingers grow back first...

-Paul

Brendan said...

What does the Rodenator do if it is along the house foundation or under a tree? I guess I don't really like that tree anyway, but I do kind of like our house=)
Are you part newt or something? Your fingers are growing back? ;)

Tyson said...

Sorry, I couldn't get the new ride built up for you, super busy at the shop. Hope it all went together OK. Let me know what you think of the carbon rims.

Brendan said...

No worries on the bike. I just chipped away at it this weekend.
I will post a report here on the bike and wheels after a few races.