Tuesday, February 07, 2006



Another good weekend but what happened to spring?
I got up on Saturday staring a long cold ride in the face. I think it was 3 degrees at my house when I had my first cup of coffee. After 2 homemade egg McMuffins and a big bowl of cereal, I suited up…a 15 minute process of layering, shaking hand warmers and making sure the bike will roll. Once I got going it wasn’t too bad, and the sun kept things tolerable. The 10-15 mph wind was definitely the biggest obstacle of the day, but I kept the pedals turning over. I wanted to be out for at least 3.5 hours, but unfortunately, I was just shy of the 3 hour mark when I rolled back into the garage. For me, when the wind chill is near 5 degrees, that is plenty long.
Sunday brought the Super Bowl, so after a spin on the trainer, Jen and I invited Chris Fisher, Jen Meyer, and my cousin Jeff over for some beer, apps, pizza, and lots of cookies…I think Jen Meyer had like 4=)

This week will be a recovery week for me. I haven’t taken more than 2 days of recovery since Christmas…my legs are telling me it is time!

Go WILD!