Monday, February 27, 2006

My last full day here…
Today, I woke up with tired legs that are now going on 5 days with no rest. However, that didn’t stop me from taking another epic ride! I started out from Queenstown and climbed for 2 hours and 15 minutes. You know, I really set out to do some base training here at a low intensity, but when you are all the way in granny gear climbing for over 2 hours with the heart rate pinged, you can either stop, or just deal with it. I just dealt with it, but I can tell you that I have been sleeping very well.
Anyway, I arrived at the summit of Mt Dewars after 5000-6000 feet of climbing with one 5 minute descent that forced me to regain some of the altitiude. Mt Dewars is between 2 river valleys, so the views were amazing.


The descent was cool down into Skipper Canyon. Check out these two views of the singletrack I took down…again, epic.

I returned home and headed out for some Thai food…YUMMY!
I leave tomorrow, so I will probably take it easy. For now I will enjoy the sunny 75 degree day=)

No comments: