Sunday, March 19, 2006


When I wasn't watching Baskeball or Hockey, I was riding.
It was great to see the Badger smash the Gophers on Sat. The only thing that spoiled it a little was the loss to the Swix on Friday. The 'Madness was truely mad and all the upsets kept me glued to the TV for 4 days.
I wasn't a total bum however and I got some good training in too. Fisher and I completed one of the toughest rides of the season on Saturday. Luckily, the sun was shining so that helped us deal with the below average temps. We started out around noon from his house...neither of us had the motivation to get up and get going any earlier=) The plan was to go out 40 miles and back 40 miles...the catch was that we were riding dual suspension mountain bikes (not locked out either). After about an hour, Chris HR monitor was beeping at him because he was around 175-180. He paid for that later=) We hit 40 miles about 5 miles south of Northfield. At that point, the wind, from the north east of course, started to pick up. Chris was having some cramping issues, so I ended up pacing us home, albiet slowly. In the end we only had a 17mph average and we hit 80 miles on the nose thanks to a new computer I put on the fuel...either way, when we finished, I had to lay on Chris and Jen's living room floor for a while before I could funtion very well. Sunday was all about eating and watching more bball.
In other news, we are leaving for Vegas on Saturday at the butt crack of dawn. I can't wait to ride and relax in the warm weather!

No comments: